Brazil Property Lawyer (BPL) together with the Chamber of International Lawyers (CIL) are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients.
When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
We will try to resolve any problem quickly and operate an internal complaints handling system to help us to resolve the problem between ourselves.
If you have any complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, German Ferrer, who will review your matter, file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Mr. German Ferrer will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, German will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, German will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- If for any reason, we are unable to resolve the problem between us, then we will ask our local Law Society or another local firm of Solicitors to review your complaint within five days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will invite you to agree to an independent mediation.
- We will let you know the result of the review within five working days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also give you the name and address of our Legal Complaints Service. www.legalcomplaints.org.uk. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint.
The postal address is as follows:
Legal Complaints Service
8 Dormer Place
Leamington Spa Warwickshire
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.